Want to get your Aadhar Card Update and Correction?
We will tell you the best ways to do it.
It does not matter if you want to correct any mistakes or refresh the id card with the latest information about you. The process will remain the same, so do not get confused over the differences in Correction and update.
You need to have certain documents to get things done, so first, we are going to talk about the documents, which you need in the process.
*1 Documents You Need to Update/Correction Aadhar Card
You need documents to provide the UIDAI to identify the person authentication.
1 – For Name Correction
You can have anyone of the copies of the documents mentioned below.
Recommended: PAN card, Voter id, and a Passport.
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your PAN Card.
- A copy of your ration/PDS Photo Card.
- A copy of your voter ID.
- A copy of your driving license.
- A copy of your government photo ID card or A copy of your service photo ID card issued by PSU.
- A copy of your NREGS Job Card.
- A copy of your photo ID card issued by a recognized educational institution.
- A copy of your arms license.
- A copy of your photo bank ATM card.
- A copy of your photo credit card.
- A copy of your pensioner photo ID card.
- A copy of your freedom fighter ID card, which has a picture of it.
- A copy of your Kissan Photo Passbook.
- A copy of your CGHS/ECHS Photo card.
- A copy of your address card having name and photo, issued by the Department of Posts.
- A copy of your certificate of identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on an official letterhead.
- A copy of your disability ID card.
- A copy of an affidavit executed on a non-judicial stamp paper.
- A copy of your marriage certificate.
- A copy of your proof of marriage document issued by a Registrar.
- A copy of your Gazette notification.
- A copy of your legal name change certificate.
2 – To Update Your Address
You have to provide one copy of any of the document mentioned below.
Recommended: Driving license, Voter ID, Electricity bill (Current month), Water bill (Current Month.), and Telephone landline bill.
- A Bank statement or your passbook.
- A copy of your Passport.
- A copy of your latest Ration Card.
- A copy of your latest Voter ID.
- A copy of your latest Driving license.
- A copy of your latest Government ID with a photo on it or a service photo ID card issued by PSU.
- A copy of your latest Electricity bill, which should not be older than two months.
- A copy of your latest Water bill, which should not be older than two months.
- A copy of your latest Telephone landline bill, which shouldn’t be older than two months.
- Property Tax receipt, which shouldn’t be older than two months.
- Credit Card statement, which shouldn’t be older than two months.
- A copy of your unexpired Insurance policy.
- A signed letter is having a photo from the bank on the letterhead.
- A signed letter is having a photo from the registered company on letterhead.
- A certified letter is having a photo issued by the recognized educational institution on letterhead.
- A copy of your latest NREGS job card.
- A copy of your latest or Unexpired Arms license.
- A copy of your Pensioner card.
- A copy of your Freedom fighter card with your photo on it.
- A copy of your latest Kissan passbook.
- A copy of the certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead.
- A certificate of address issued by a village panchayat.
- A copy of your Income tax assessment order.
- A copy of your latest Vehicle registration certificate.
- A photo identity card issued by Department of Posts.
- A copy of your Disability ID card or a handicapped medical certificate.
- A copy of your latest Gas connection bill (Not older than two months).
- As for minors, Parents passport.
3 – To Update Your DOB (Date of birth)
- Birth certificate.
- A Certificate of Date of Birth, which has issued by a Group A Gazetted Officer or Tahsildar.
- An SSLC Certificate.
You have three ways make the necessary changes to your Aadhar card,
- By Post.
- Using the Online portal.
- And By visiting your nearest Aadhar center.
We have seen many people failing to update the Aadhar card details via other options but I would recommend for those, who don’t have technical knowledge should approach the nearest Aadhar card center because that is indeed the fastest way and it will help you make the changes quickly.
*2 Update or Correction of the Aadhar Card Online
There aren’t different ways to do it, so follow my lead.
Step 1: First visit the official site.
Step 2: Type your Aadhar card number in the first field.
Step 3: Now read the numbers in Image and type it in the below field.
Step 4: Now click on send OTP. (OTP – One-time password will be forwarded to your registered mobile number.)
Step 5: Enter the OTP on the next page.
Step 6: You have to enter the following information,
- Full name.
- DOB – Date of birth.
- And your mobile number.
Step 7: Now start changing the areas, which you wanted to do like Name, Address, etc. but make sure to check it using your local language.
Step 8: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 9: Copy the URN (Update Request Number) number to your notepad.
Check out this Tutorial for more clear view:
*3 Update or Correction of the Aadhar Card by Post
If you are living in a place, where online services are not easy to find, then you can proceed with the post.
Step 1: First you need to download the PDF file, where the form is located.
Step 2: Fill the whole document with the required information.
Step 3: You have to send it to the mentioned address.
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034 India
Step 4: Leave a mark on the post as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top in bold.
Step 5: Once your request is processed, you will receive a URN (Update Requesting number.) number on your registered mobile number.
If you have stuck somewhere in the process, you can always comment below for guidance on what to do next and how you will get your Aadhar card information changing process faster in the comment section below.